Monday 18 October 2010

My Design Process!



By creating websites, I used the design process: reverse engineering which meant that I looked at existing websites and chose to improve them to create a whole new one which I thought was suitable.  I went in a backwards process.  I first decided that I needed a website for my company therefore looked at three existing websites that were similar to what I wanted.  I evaluated and analysed them by writing about what I liked and disliked about each one of them.  I looked at the aesthetics and all the user requirements that I could think of and broke the website up into sections to look at along with the basic concepts of a website.  I wrote everything down.  From this, I created a design brief which allowed me to see what I wanted to have in my own website from what I researched.  I then went on to creating storyboards of what my website will look like. I decided the initial ideas of fonts and sizes and positions of everything however these got changed in the process.  I went onto my first designs of my website using the software Adobe Dreamweaver with aspects of Adobe Flash and Adobe Photoshop.  These were my prototypes as they were my first ideas I used Flash to create an animated start up page which I found hard as I wasn’t used to the programs.  I also created the gallery pages using this program as you can apply
functions to make buttons which was useful to use.  I then put everything together in a layout using Dreamweaver with the use of tables and masterpage layouts with editing regions; this made

 it consistent throughout.  I tested the website then wrote down anything I personally thought was wrong with it or what needed improving.  I gained feedback from other users which I then took into consideration and evaluated what was said.  I then improved on what I could.  I then repeated this process by seeing what I thought wasn’t right and gaining feedback with an evaluation then improved my website once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment