Saturday 19 November 2011

The Chess Board


For my main rigging project, we have to create a robotic arm that is playing chess.  So far I have created the chess pieces, the chess board and started the robotic arm.  For this project, so far I have used splines, lathing, modelling, inverse kinematics and more. 

While creating the horse, a theme became apparent to me.  The theme I have chosen is good versus evil.  With the evil side the colour scheme for the chess pieces will be black and red.  For example with this horse, it will have red glowing eyes.













For the good side, I will have the colour scheme of white/ beige and blue.  The horse piece for example, will blue glowing eyes.  The pieces have been created using splines and lathe but I still need to edit them to make the extra parts.  With my chess board, I have used a glass texture for the outside and for the main board, a tile effect.  I have added reflect for extra effect.





No comments:

Post a Comment