Monday 22 November 2010

Using C.R.A.P!

We had to redesign a business card using C.R.A.P features.  Here is my version of the business card:














 

C- Contrast.  I have used contrast in colours by making the text stand out from the background.  I have used a larger font for the company name and smaller for the contact details.  I have used an even smaller font to say the owner is a proprietor as I felt this information is unnecessary.  I have used a different colour for the title and a different font which shows contrast but I feel that it works well. I have used equal gaps between the text pieces.  The size of the space at the top is larger than the space at the bottom but this is to make the company name stand out more.

R – Repetition.  I have used repetition by the use of the colour light blue, white and black.  I have used the faded out bar at the top and the bottom of the business card which also shows repetition.  Another aspect of repetition is the use of the lines on four parts of the business card.

A – Alignment.  I have used left alignment on the text throughout and made sure that it doesn’t touch the image.  This is better for the person to read.  The image is right aligned.  Everything is visually related due to the colours and the lines and faded boxes.

P – Proximity.  There are relations in the gaps between the text pieces.  They are all the same size and equal which makes them relate well.  The use of colour makes the proximity relate well too which makes the reader read the whole business card rather than just one part.

No comments:

Post a Comment